Part Loft Conversion / Shell Build
This service is for customers who have an eye for D.I.Y and wish to complete the easier part of the loft conversion themselves.
Budget Loft Conversions will carry out all the structural work to a high standard, leaving only final fix works, to complete by either the customer or third party tradesmen.
What’s Included With A Shell Build?
- Full on site survey
- Full plans, to detail of property
- All structural engineering calculations
- Installation of steel beams, to building requirements
- Fully suspended floor
- Insulation and/or safety barrier to requirements
- All structural stud walls to form shape of conversion
- All gable build, dormers, chimney drops and external work including ventilation, tiling that maybe required.
- All velux windows, juliet balconies, French doors.
- Special designs and manufactured staircase
- Skips and scaffolding
- All debris removed from site
- Ongoing support, to a finished room, and communication with building inspector to see you to a smooth finish.
Prices Start FromVelux Build Conversion £9,000 Normal full price £18,000 - £20,000 Gable Build £10,800 Normal full price £21,000 - £24,000 Dormer Build £14,000 Normal full price £23,000 - £28,000
With a part/shell conversion, you will need to fit tri-iso 10 insulation (we can provide at a discounted price) plasterboard & plaster, electrics, plumbing and final fix joinery and fire doors.
As a customer you can add or takeaway any of the above to control your budget.
Don't forget Basic Loft Conversions are here to help you to help you the entire process, start to finish!
If a customer is contracting the electrical work themselves, they or the contract must be (part p) registered to satisfy jhai building regulations.
There is no obligation to use our services, however if you require any of the following services – we can arrange an independent quote for you from the individuals we recommend:
- Plumbing & Heating
- Painting & Decorating
Arrange a free survey today by contacting Basic Loft Conversions on 0115 9717 603